FE&P starts global media group

Interpublic Group-owned FutureBrand Worldwide has launched its global media and entertainment practice this week at the same time as completing the long awaited acquisition of English & Pockett.

Interpublic Group-owned FutureBrand Worldwide has launched its global media and entertainment practice this week at the same time as completing the long awaited acquisition of English & Pockett.

The broadcast specialist will be rebranded as FutureBrand English & Pockett (DW 3 November 2000), following the purchase of a 75 per cent stake. FutureBrand has put call options on the remaining 25 per cent, which become active in four year’s time.

FE&P will move into new offices with three other FutureBrand group companies within six months and is looking to hire 11 more staff as a result of the move, the bulk of which will be designers. FutureBrand chief executive officer Charles Trevail, chief operating officer Steve Merry and finance director Ian Schofield will join the FE&P board, along with McCann Erickson World Group executive vice-president and chief financial officer Salvatore La Greca.

Former Pittard Sullivan executive vice-president and managing director Alan Schulman has been named worldwide executive director of media and entertainment of the new group.

A new FutureBrand identity encompassing the new set will be unveiled in March.

Latest articles