Some bright spark…

The judging of the Conran Design Group/Amtico Student Retail Design Awards is many things, but rarely is it as dramatic as it was this year. Assembled judges, students and staff were evacuated last week from Amtico’s Hanover Square showroom by the arrival of a significant number of staff from the Fire Brigade.

Luckily, the weather was fine, and the assembled throng made the most of the break to have a cigarette.

Further investigations have, however, now shown that one dedicated smoker may have risked life and limb to give fellow addicts of the evil weed a break.

According to sources close to Amtico, firemen told staff the false alarm was set off by ‘somebody trying to have a crafty fag on the sixth floor’.

Latest articles