Inspired: Benji Wiedemann – A&B Studio

Being a creature of habit, I enjoy nothing more than living my life to the beat of a stuck record: same walk to work, same lunch, same rituals, same routines – especially the realisation when things around me start to synchronise.

My life is contained by the things I know that I know, and those I know I don’t know.

Inspiration hits me when I brave it out of my comfort zone and venture into the great unknown: the things I don’t know I don’t know.

Hence, the other day I found myself happily chatting to a stranger from the medical sector. He talked about ’the meaning response’ and the world behind the placebo phenomena. Who would have thought such a conversation would have anything to do with design? Yet our chat gave me a new insight into one of our existing projects – and not a project that has anything to do with medicine or health, either.

So, we could rewrite the saying that creativity is 1 per cent inspiration, 99 per cent perspiration. Or else value the chance encounter with that very special 1 per cent.

Latest articles