London arm of US Web group opens

A US website consultancy is setting up in London with backing from PR firm Lowe Bell. – Interactive Bureau (IAB) is headed by Roger Black, founder of print design group Roger Black Associates which worked on Rolling Stone Magazine, Time and Esquire, and m

A US website consultancy is setting up in London with backing from PR firm Lowe Bell.

Interactive Bureau (IAB) is headed by Roger Black, founder of print design group Roger Black Associates which worked on Rolling Stone Magazine, Time and Esquire, and magazine publisher Jock Spivy.

The London arm opens officially on 1 December, housed alongside Lowe Bell subsidiary Smithfield Design. Former journalist Rodney Tyler will manage the new consultancy. “We will be recruiting like crazy from day one,” he says.

Lowe Bell holding company Chime is taking a 75 per cent share while IAB takes the remaining 25 per cent.

Black formed Interactive Bureau in New York three years ago and has since opened offices in San Francisco, Paris, Barcelona and Mexico. Clients include Microsoft, IBM and Discovery Channel. “Roger has in mind to expand at a steady rate throughout the world,” says Tyler.

The London office will start with one designer and one engineer and will initially use the resources of the other offices.

Latest articles