1. Splendid has redesigned the website (www.awear.ie) for Awear, a women’s fashion and accessories retailer in Ireland.
2. Blob Design will show a range of anatomically-inspired tiles designed by Argentine-born New Yorker Analia Segal at 100% Design, running at Earl’s Court in London from 22-25 September.
3. Arup is masterminding China’s first eco-city, located in Dongtan, Shanghai. It will be the size of Manhattan and will use renewable energy to make it as carbon neutral as possible. The sample masterplan will be submitted next August.
4. University of Ulster graduate illustrator Barry Falls and film-maker Brian Philip Davis have created Save The Underdogs, a campaign to promote their services on a billboard in central Belfast. The advertising space is awarded to the winners of the annual prize for Visual Communications, sponsored by local media company Walker Communications.
5. Nice Design will be unveiling a range of wallpapers at the 100% East exhibition, running at the Truman Brewery in East London from 22-25 September.
6. Dutch group Total Identity has created a poster to promote the Pan European Brand Design Association’s congress on 13-14 October in Graz, Austria.
7. Martin Dawe Brand Design has developed the packaging for Fruice, a fruit drink manufactured by Coca-Cola Bottlers, Ireland, which launches this month.
8. Electrolux Group has unveiled its latest product innovation, the Twin Clean vacuum designed by its in-house team, led by Thomas Johansson, head of global design, Electrolux Floorcare.
9. 442 Design has refurbished the Heart of Midlothian Superstore at Tynecastle Stadium, as part of a larger project to overhaul the stadium.