Design Week and sister magazine Creative Review have teamed up with City University London to offer one reader a full scholarship for its Masters in Innovation, Creativity and Leadership, which starts in September.
The scholarship will be awarded to the candidate who provides the best proposal for the university’s ‘Footprint Rethink’ competition, which seeks innovation in the field of sustainability.
Proposals should explore how an organisation could reduce its carbon footprint and at the same time improve efficiency and achievement of its own business goals. Proposals can be for innovations in marketing, communication, design, technology, research and development, process, education, political, health, commercial, financial or other ideas that improve carbon footprints.
The chosen candidate will be able to develop their submitted ideas during the course supported by City University London staff.
The scholarship covers the course fee, which is £9 500 for UK applicants and £19 950 for international. It does not cover subsistence, living arrangements or travel costs.
To find out more visit http://creativity.city.ac.uk/CreativeReview-DesignWeek-scholarship/
• Proposals must be submitted in English.
• Proposals are invited with a maximum of 500 words. Essays can be accompanied by illustration, video submissions, and presentations.
• Video submissions must be no longer than three minutes.
• Presentations e.g. Powerpoint must be no longer than five slides.
• Entries should be submitted by email before 27 July 2010 to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Centre for Creativity, College Building, City University London, Northampton Square, EC1V 0HB.
• Please include your full contact details, name, address, email, phone numbers, your CV and a statement of your eligibility.
• Winning selections will be made by a panel of judges (including CR) chaired by the CUL Centre for Creativity’s director. An announcement of winners will be made by 18 August.
Terms and Conditions:
1. To be eligible for the scholarship for the Masters of Innovation Leadership and Creativity applicants must demonstrate:
• A minimum of three years of work experience.
• A first or second class honours degree (or equivalent non-UK qualification). Prospective students who do not have a degree may yet be eligible based on their work experience. Please submit a supporting statement to demonstrate your eligibility for the course based on your work experience.
• The course is taught and evaluated in English. You should also have good professional English. For students whose first language is not English, one of the following qualifications may also be required: IELTS (6.5); TOEFL (internet-based, 100).
• Commitment and availability to complete the two-year part-time course. Starting 27 September 2010.
2. The Award of the Scholarship will be dependent on the judges’ view that an entry of appropriate excellence has been received and the judges’ decision is final.
3. No correspondence will be entered into with unsuccessful applicants.
4. Your contact details will be kept by City University London and Creative Review and you will be updated with news about the Centre of Creativity including the MICL. For example, you may be invited from time to time to taster events and professional development workshops organised by the university and any discounted places available. You can unsubscribe at any time.