1. Red Design has created the artwork for Joe Lean & The Jing Jang Jong’s forthcoming single Lonely Buoy, to be released on Vertigo Records on 10 March. The design references 20th century Surrealist photographers.
2. Graphic consultancy Fivebargate has created the first in a series of four picture books aimed at both adults and child ren with work by Jim Davies. Outfoxed, pictured, will be available at Paul Smith stores and from www.fivebargate.co.uk.
3. Vertu is launching a collection of monogrammed mobile phones on 1 April. The special-edition handsets have been designed by Vertu principal designer Frank Nuovo.
4. B&B Italia’s Brompton Road showroom, London SW3, has been expanded to include Stephen Woodhams’ Italian garden installation, which showcases B&B Italia’s first outdoor collection, Canasta, designed by Patricia Urquiola and Swell Seating and the 1966 Collection designed by Richard Shultz.
5. Consultancy Form has crafted a brochure in collabora tion with the Helen Storey Foundation and Creative Partner ships for the Women’s Sport and Fitness Foundation, which documents the research and findings of its Energy Project. The study aims to find ways to increase physical activity among schoolgirls, through the creative use of existing school time.
6. KMI head of design Simon Watson has overseen the design of a range of ethical and eco-friendly hand washes and shower gels called Patently Obvious, with branding by Newl & Potter. The packaging is made from 100 per cent postconsumer recycled plastic by M&H Plastics, and was designed by KMI chief executive Will King. KMI is the brand owner of King of Shaves.