We are looking for interior and graphic design post-graduates who have between two and six years’ experience.
You’ll receive free, impartial, expert advice in an informal environment on how you can kickstart or progress your careers.
Services offered include:
- Portfolio advice (bring yours along for feedback).
- CV advice (designers can bring their own along for critique).
- Practical information on how to set out as a freelancer – including setting up as a Limited Company, how much your day rate should be, how to win work and how to handle accounts and tax.
- How to move from freelance into a permanent position.
- How to change direction and move into another sector.
- A motivational coach will offer advice on presentation skills, confidence issues, how to achieve your goals and interview technique.
- General discussion groups offering a chance to meet other designers and share experiences and problems they have had to overcome in the industry.
There’s also a chance to see how Design Week’s Rising Star award has helped emerging designers break in to the industry, see the opportunities it can open and learn how to enter.
The event, will be held at Vitra’s showroom, 30 Clerkenwell Rd, London EC1M 5PG where it will run from 6-8.30pm on 6 November.
To express your interest and get yourself on the guest list send a note to email@example.com.