Design Week is dedicated to providing up-to-the-minute design news, as well as analysis, opinion and inspiration. Following research and input from you, our readers, we’ve redesigned the Design Week website to provide you with a better service and a better read.
Our research reaffirmed to us that our readers predominately visit www.designweek.co.uk to keep up-to-date with the latest design news and trends, but it also highlighted some issues that have we have become increasingly aware of over recent months. The key points were that we needed to improve the website design and that we needed to introduce more imagery in order to act as an inspirational tool.
With this in mind we’ve refreshed the website to maintain our news focus but to also bring new elements and content and provide a better, more well-rounded read.
• All content throughout the site is now free to access, including articles from our archives going back 15 years.
• We’ve worked with designer Cecilia Lindgren to update the look and feel of the site, introducing a strong black-and-white look and allowing the imagery in the individual stories to take centre-stage.
• Design news remains at the core of Design Week. Our news section will keep you informed on all the latest projects launches, moves and changes and big contract wins.
• We’ve also introduced the new Latest Opportunities section, which will provide a run-down of the latest tenders, pitches and competitions which are open for entry.
• Our analysis section will provide commentry and insight, giving you the real stories behind design industry events, while the Industry Voices, Voxpop and Editor’s View sections will feature opinionated commentary on a wide range of subjects.
• We’ve introduced the new We Like section, which will showcase some of our favourite work and some of the most inspirational projects.
• The new What’s On section will keep you updated on all the key industry events and the most exciting exhibitions and shows.
We’ve also redesigned our newsletter service, which will provide a daily update of all that’s new on Design Week. You can sign up for the newsletter here.
When refresing designweek.co.uk we looked to you our readers, and as we develop in the future we’ll continue to take your views and opinions on board. So we’d love to hear your thoughts on what you think we’re doing well and what you think we need to improve. We guarantee your views will be fed back into designweek.co.uk to create an even better website for the design industry.